Related Training Camp Content
- Day 8 Notebook: Tannehill Sharp In Red Zone At Scrimmage; Other Notes
- Sims Standing Out Early In Camp
- Coach Philbin: Our Young Receivers Have Flashed Playmaking Ability At Times
- Coach Coyle: We Are Emphasizing Takeaways As Hard As I Have Ever Done
- VIDEOS: Coach Philbin • Coach Coyle • Coach Rizzi • Jordan • Sims
- PHOTO GALLERY: Scrimmage At Sun Life Stadium
For the first time in 2013, it felt like a Dolphins Sunday at Sun Life Stadium – the high-flying passes, bone-crushing hits, the excitement, it was all back.
With their preseason opener just six days away, the Miami Dolphins held an intra-squad scrimmage Monday night to work on some live in-game situations, playing in front of an electric crowd of over 22,000 Dolphins fans at Sun Life Stadium.
It has been an eventful few months, to say the least, with a logo and uniform update, a free-agent spending spree, and a bold draft-day trade that brought Oregon defensive end
“Man, I’m so excited for the season,” said Dolphins fan Jose Ramon. “I want to see the QBs, wide receivers and running backs. We have
What fans did see wasn’t drastically different than what goes on at a training camp practice, yet there was a whole new feel – it seemed more like an autumn Sunday. The coaching staff took some of the same individual and team drills and dropped them into a game setting, trying to simulate what players will see next week in Canton, all while continuing the evaluation process.
As the offseason continues to crescendo towards the Dolphins’ Sept. 8 season opener in Cleveland, Monday night was a nice way for a hungry fan base to whet its appetite – an extended first look at what to watch for this year.
“I’m actually a Season Ticket Member,” Ramon said, “so I’m excited to come to every game.”