- Ireland: No Rhyme Or Reason To Official Team Visits
- 2013 Draft Preview: Wide Receivers
- Draft Profile: WR Cordarrelle Patterson
- Draft Profile: WR Tavon Austin
- Draft Profile: WR Keenan Allen
- Andy Cohen: Wallace Is The Perfect Fit For This Team
- Big Ben With Big Praise For
- Wallace Goes Second Overall In 2009 Re-Draft
- Research Report: Mike Wallace
- Wallace And Gibson Signings Get Thumbs Up
- Hartline Working Dream Job This Offseason
- 2013 Mock Draft Roundup 4.0
Last year, Ireland and Head Coach Joe Philbin went all in on quarterback
“I think it gave us a lot of flexibility in the draft,” said Ireland during his pre-draft press conference today. “Obviously, I think we helped ourselves at the wide receiver position getting Brian back, adding Mike and Brandon to Davone (Bess) and some of the young players we have. That obviously helped us there. I think that’s a strength of our team now, or one of the strengths of our team.”
Hartline is coming off of the first 1,000-yard season of his career and has developed a very strong rapport wit Tannehill, while Bess has established himself as one of the best slot receivers in the league and showed last season that he can also line up outside.
Of course Wallace has one of the best yards-per-catch averages over the past four seasons and is the deep threat the team had been lacking. Gibson made one of the most acrobatic catches of the season against the Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium and brings an added skill set to the group, so there isn’t a real of sense of urgency to go after a receiver on the first night of the draft.