Jason Taylor News
• October 1, 2000: On the final play of the first half of a game in which the Dolphins were trailing the Cincinnati Bengals 13-3, Taylor stripped Bengals QB Akili Smith of the football, picked it up at the Bengals’ 29 and raced to the end zone for his second career touchdown, closing the gap to 13-10. The Dolphins went on to win the game 31-16.
• December 15, 2002: Taylor hurried Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon on the first play from scrimmage and then sacked him on the next two in a 23-17 win at Dolphin Stadium. Taylor finished the game with 8 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in what may have been the signature game in his NFL leading 18.5 sack season.
• November 27, 2005: With the Dolphins holding a 13-7 lead in the third quarter, Taylor sacked Raiders quarterback Kerry Collins in the end zone for the second safety of his career. He finished the game with three sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a batted pass as the Dolphins went on to a 33-21 victory.
• November 5, 2006: With the 1-6 Dolphins entering this contest against the 7-0 Bears as huge underdogs, Taylor recorded a sack, a forced fumble and picked off a Rex Grossman pass, returning it 20 yards for a touchdown. The Dolphins went on to a 31-13 victory over the Bears and Taylor notched the 100th sack of his career.
• November 19, 2006: Clinging to a four point fourth quarter lead with the Minnesota Vikings approaching Dolphins territory, Taylor tells a game official, “I’m about to do something outrageous.” Two plays later he intercepted a Brad Johnson pass and returned it 51 yards for a touchdown, the eighth of his career, tying George Martin’s NFL record for most touchdowns among defensive lineman who entered the league after 1970.