· Today’s paid attendance was 60,592.
· Richie Incognito
, Randy Starks
and Jason Trusnik
served as today’s game captains.
· With today’s loss, Miami leads the all-time series by a 57-41-1 margin.
· Daniel Thomas
made his first start of the 2013 season and the third of his NFL career vs. Buffalo (10/20). The last time the third year running back started was January 1, 2012, the final game of the 2011 season against the New York Jets.
· Jason Trusnik made his first start of the 2013 season and the third of his Miami career vs. Buffalo (10/20). Trusnik’s last start came on December 23, 2012 against the Buffalo Bills.
· Lamar Miller
’s 30-yard run vs. Buffalo (10/20) was his second longest this season and second longest for the Dolphins in 2013.
· With a 7-yard touchdown in the second quarter vs. Buffalo (10/20), Charles Clay
has caught a touchdown in three consecutive games. The last time a Dolphins tight end caught a touchdown pass in three consecutive games was in 2005 when Randy McMichael caught a touchdown in four consecutive games vs. Denver (9/11/05) at New York Jets (9/18/05), vs. Carolina (9/25/05) and at Buffalo (10/9/05).
· Through six games, Charles Clay has caught three touchdowns tying his career best in a season. He previously caught three touchdowns in 2011.
· Brandon Gibson
recorded his first career touchdowns as a member of the Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo on four and 13-yard passes from Ryan Tannehill
. It was Gibson’s tenth and eleventh career touchdown. This was Gibson’s second career multi-touchdown game vs. the New York Jets (11/18/12).
· Brandon Gibson had two receiving touchdowns vs. Buffalo (10/20). The last Dolphins player to have two touchdown receptions in a game was Reggie Bush vs. Buffalo (12/23/12). The last Dolphins wide receiver to accomplish this was Marty Booker at Detroit (11/23/06).
· Ryan Tannehill notched a career-high three touchdown receptions vs. Buffalo (10/20). This was the fifth career game where he has thrown multiple touchdowns. The last Dolphins quarterback to record three passing touchdowns in a game was Matt Moore
at the New England Patriots (12/24/11).
· Miami registered four penalties vs. Buffalo (10/10), compared to six by the Bills. They have had fewer penalties than their opponents in five of the six games to start the season.
· Ryan Tannehill’s 46-yard pass to Mike Wallace
vs. Buffalo (10/20) was tied for the sixth-longest in the quarterback’s career. It was the second consecutive game that Wallace had a reception of 40 or more yards.
· Olivier Vernon
recorded a sack in the first quarter vs. Buffalo (10/20) for the third consecutive game. He now has 3.5 on the season and 7.0 sacks in his career.
· Chris Clemons
recorded his first interception of the year and fourth of his career vs. Buffalo (10/20). Every starter in the secondary now has an interception on the season and Miami has seven interceptions in six games in 2013. In 2012, Miami had 10 interceptions for the entire season.
· Reshad Jones
notched a sack vs. Buffalo (10/20). With the sack Jones is tied for fourth place in team history for most sacks by a Dolphins defensive back.
· Dimitri Patterson
recorded his first career sack as a member of the Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo (10/20). Patterson now has 2.0 sacks in his career.
Miami Dolphins Injuries Reported in Press Box