- Rookie tight end Mike Gesicki will be in the lineup against the Houston Texans and is expected to start at tight end.
- Gesicki was listed as questionable on the final injury report of the week because of a shoulder injury he sustained in the game against Detroit last Sunday.
- Tight end A.J. Derby, who is listed as the starter on the depth chart, will miss his fourth consecutive game because of a foot injury. He also had been listed as questionable on the injury report.
- Wide receiver Jakeem Grant is expected to make his second start of the season in place of the injured Kenny Stills.
- Grant also started the game against the New York Jets in Week 2.
- Stills will be inactive because of the groin injury he sustained late in the game against Detroit.
- Wide receiver DeVante Parker will be active for the third time this season and is expected to be in the starting lineup.
- Parker played in the games against the Oakland Raiders in Week 3 and against the Chicago Bears in Week 6.
- Along with Derby and Stills, the Dolphins inactives will include quarterback Ryan Tannehill, defensive end Cameron Malveaux, tackle Sam Young and defensive end Charles Harris.
- Quarterback Brock Osweiler and cornerback Xavien Howard, who grew up in Houston, will serve as game captains and join season captains Bobby McCain, Walt Aikens and John Denney.
- The list of Texans inactives is made up of the seven players who were ruled out Wednesday: WR Keke Coutee, CB Aaron Colvin, S Andre Hal, CB Shareece Wright, ILB Brian Peters, G/C Zach Fulton and TE Ryan Griffin.
- The Dolphins will wear their all-white uniforms.
Top Quotes - Players | Media Availability - May 17
Dolphins cornerbacks Nik Needham and Noah Igbinoghene, running back Sony Michel, wide receiver River Cracraft, tackle Liam Eichenberg and linebacker Jerome Baker with the media following today's second OTA practice. Check out the top quotes from their media availabilities.