The Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders are hosting auditions on Saturday, May 20 for the 2023 Season.
To pre-register for auditions, please complete this form.
- Must be 18 years old by June 1, 2023
- Must be able to attend all cheerleader rehearsals for the entire season.
- If selected, must live in or relocate to South Florida and have means of transportation.
- Preliminary & Semi-Final Auditions will be held at the Baptist Health Miami Dolphins Training Complex on Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Registration and check in begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. and closes at 9:30 a.m. Auditions begin promptly at 10 a.m.
- Online registration will be open now through May 17, 2023, at 5 p.m. EST.
Upon arrival at 8:30 a.m. ET, applicants will need to present a photo ID in order to receive their contestant numbers. Applicants will also need to fill out a bio sheet and bring a printed headshot with them.
APPLICANTS NOT PRE-REGISTERED:
Applicants not registered in advance will need to fill out a completed application form and have their photo taken on the day of auditions. Blank application forms will be available at registration.
This portion of the audition process is CLOSED to the public. Only those who plan to audition to be a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader will be able to attend this portion of the audition process. No guest allowed.
It will be a long day, so please bring your own snacks and drinks.
Restrooms will be available for your convenience and use.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Form-fitting dance attire: half top and boy shorts
- Skin-tone-colored tights
- Sneakers or jazz shoes
- No dance pants, baggy shorts, baggy shirts or warm-ups.
- Hair down
- Performance makeup
OVERVIEW OF THE PRELIMINARY AUDITION PHASES:
Saturday, May 20, 2023
(Times are approximate)
- 8:30 a.m.– Doors open for registration – pre-registered applicants will be allowed in first. All contestants must have an application, bio sheet and photo. Applications can be filled out online by pre-registering.
- 10 a.m. – Preliminary auditions will begin.
- 10 a.m. – Contestants will perform 30 seconds of improvised dance followed by the audition choreography in small groups. After all contestants have auditioned, the judges will retire to make final decisions. At approximately 12 p.m., call backs for the Semi-Final Phase will be posted outside the admittance gate. Those selected will re-enter the facility at this time.
- *All contestants who received a "Golden Ticket" to semifinals at Dance Classes must arrive by 10 a.m. to register for the Semi-Final Phase.
- 12 p.m. – Contestants must bring their Preliminary Contestant Number or their "Golden Ticket" to re-register for the Semi-Final Phase. After registration is complete, the Cheerleader Choreographer will refresh the choreography and kick routine. Immediately following, contestants will perform the dance combination and kick routine in small groups. Upon completion of this portion, the judges will retire to make decisions. Selections will be made, and those contestants will advance to the next phase, Final Audition Boot Camp. There will be a brief meeting for those advancing to the Finals.
DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
PRELIM AUDITIONS & SEMI-FINALS: Saturday, May 20
FINAL AUDITION BOOT CAMP: May 22 – May 26
FINAL AUDITIONS: Saturday, May 27
For audition questions email: Cheerleaders@dolphins.com.
If you make the team, training camp and rehearsals will begin first week of June 2023.