- 18 years old by August 1, 2019
- High school graduate by June 2019
- Able to attend all cheerleader rehearsals for the entire season
- If selected, must live in or relocate to South Florida and have means of transportation
- Preliminary and semifinal auditions will be held at the Miami Dolphins Training Facility on Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Registration begins promptly at 8:30 AM
- Auditions begin at 10:00 AM
- Audition choreography taught at 9:00 AM that will immediately be performed at 10:00 AM. (This choreography will also be taught on Friday, April 12th, at prep clinic. To register for the choreography class, click HERE.)
- This portion of the audition process is CLOSED to the public.
- It will be a long day, so please bring snacks and drinks.
- Mirrors and restrooms will be available.
Pre-registered applicants arriving by 8:30 AM will receive the first contestant numbers. These applicants will also need to fill out a bio sheet and bring a photo to registration. Online applications will be accepted now through April 11th, 2019, at 5:00pm. Pre-registered applicants must present a photo ID to receive their contestant number.
To pre-register for auditions, please CLICK HERE.
Registration at the Door: Applicants registering the day of auditions need to fill out a completed application form, bio form and photo to registration at 8:30 AM on April 13th. Blank application forms will be available at registration.
What to Wear
- Form-fitting dance attire: half top and boy shorts
- Skin-tone colored tights
- Sneakers or jazz shoes
- No dance pants, baggy shorts, baggy shirts or warm-ups
- Hair down
- Performance makeup
Overview of the Preliminary Audition Phases
Saturday, April 13, 2019
(Times are approximate)
8:30 AM - Doors open for registration - pre-registered applicants will be allowed in first. All contestants must have an application, bio sheet and photo. Applications can be filled out online by pre-registering.
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Contestants learn audition choreography. This choreography will also be taught on Friday, April 12th, at the choreography prep clinic. To register for the choreography prep clinic, click HERE.
10:00 AM - Contestants will perform 30 seconds of improvised dance followed by the audition choreography in small groups. After all contestants have auditioned, the judges will retire to make first cuts. At approximately 12:00pm, call backs for the Semi-Final Phase will be posted outside the admittance gate. Those selected will re-enter the facility at this time.
All contestants who received a “VIP Pass” at Dance Classes must arrive by 10:30 AM to register for the semifinal phase.
12:00 PM - Contestants must bring their Preliminary Contestant Number or their “VIP Pass” to re-register for the Semi-Final Phase. After registration is complete, the Cheerleader Choreographer will refresh the choreography and kick routine. Immediately following, contestants will perform the dance combination and kick routine in small groups. Upon completion of this portion, the judges will retire to make decisions. Selections will be made, and those contestants will advance to the next phase, Final Audition Boot Camp. There will be a brief meeting for those advancing to the Finals.
Final Audition Boot Camp
- In town interviews: Starting April 15
- Out of town interviews: Starting April 22
- Boot camp: April 22-25
Sunday, April 28, 2019
Hard Rock Stadium
Open to the public
For auditions questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.