1. Will Auditions still be taking place? If so, when?
- Yes, Preliminary and semifinal auditions will now be virtual auditions. For more information about our virtual auditions process please click here.
2. What do I need to submit for virtual auditions?
- All candidates must fill out the online questionnaire found here as well as submit an online video and headshot to Cheerleaders@Dolphins.com.
3. When is the virtual audition deadline?
- Deadline is May 2, 2020 - You must submit online audition questionnaire, headshot and audition video all on the same day.
4. How should I shoot my audition video?
- We recommend that you make sure you shoot your audition video in a space with good lighting. Your audition video can be any of the following: YouTube Link, Vimeo Link, or iPhone video.
5. What should I wear?
- Please wear crop top and boy shorts and comfortable sneakers or dance shoes. Performance hair and makeup.
6. Do I have to have prior professional dance experience to audition?
7. Is there a fee to audition?
- No, there are no fees applied to audition.
8. Will I be notified of my audition results?
- Yes, everyone that auditions will receive an email by May 6th on whether they have made it to the 2nd round. If you make it to the final rounds you will be contacted by MDC staff.
9. Will there still be in person final auditions?
- Yes, we are still planning to hold an in person final auditions. Dates are still to be determined for finals boot camp week and finals auditions show. The health and safety of our cheer family, candidates and staff is very important to us. Our cheer staff will be in touch with finals candidates with all the information.
10. Will I receive a refund if I paid for Dance Classes, Prep Clinics, and/or the Auditions Choreography class?
- Yes, All refunds are currently being processed. Refunds can take up 5 to 7 business days. If you do not receive your refund, please send us an email at Cheerleaders@Dolphins.com.
11. What if I purchased the full package for the dance classes and prep clinics?
- Participants who purchased the full dance class will receive a refund of $125. Those who purchased the full package prep clinics will receive a refund of the full amount.
12. When are rehearsals?
- During the season, rehearsals are typically on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings with an occasional Saturday afternoon rehearsal.
13. If I already registered for auditions; do I have to re-register for virtual auditions?
- Yes. All candidates for auditions must re-register for virtual auditions. It is a completely different registration process.
14. What if I have more questions?
- No worries, we want to make this virtual audition process as smooth as possible for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at Cheerleaders@Dolphins.com.