Miami, FL – The Miami Dolphins and the Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality (RISE) today announced their Week 9 award winners in a program designed to recognize the members of the community who have demonstrated their commitment to being leaders on and off the field.
Each week, the Dolphins identify a high school coach of the week, high school player of the week, youth player of the week and team mom of the week. Award recipients are presented with a plaque on the field during a Dolphins home game at Hard Rock Stadium and receive acknowledgement of their accomplishment in the game program and through the Dolphins' and RISE's social media platforms. They also receive tickets to a Miami Dolphins home game, access to the Dolphins/RISE pregame tailgate and a Dolphins/RISE T-shirt. For each home game, the Dolphins identify a team of the week and they will be on the field during the national anthem. The program concludes at the Dolphins-Patriots game on December 11 where the Dolphins will honor yearly award winners in all categories with the exception of the team of the year.
Week 9 Winners:
• High School Coach of the Week: Daryle Heidelburg from Miami Norland Senior High School. Heidelburg guided the Vikings to a 28-27 upset win over the state's No. 1 6A team, Miami Northwestern after being down 20 points going into the second half. The Vikings were the eighth ranked team in 6A prior to the matchup. Norland's victory over Northwestern will likely move the Vikings up one spot in the rankings prior to the playoffs beginning in two weeks.
• High School Player of the Week: Ryle Aguila from Pembroke Pines Somerset Academy. The sophomore quarterback completed 21-of-30 passes for 504 yards and seven touchdowns in a win over Boca Christian. He also added two rushing touchdowns and accounted for 546 total yards of total offense.
• Youth Player of the Week: Cornell Mims from the North Miami Beach Sundevils 12U of the Miami Xtreme Youth Football League. Mims rushed for 113 yards and two touchdowns in the Sundevils victory over the Doral Broncos.
• Team Mom of the Week: Catherine Richardson from the West Pines Wildcats of the American Youth Football League. Richardson is retired from the Air Force and has been an amazing team mom. She is the first one at the park and the last one to leave. Richardson has been the first to do everything for her team from fundraising to fitting uniforms and spends countless hours volunteering. Even through hard times, Richardson always greets everyone with a smile and asks how she can help. She exemplifies what all team mom's aspire to be and is one of the reason why her park is successful.
• Team of the Week: Red Zone Sports Flag. The Red Zone Sports Flag team represented South Florida at the 2017 Pro Bowl and became the 2017 Boys NFL FLAG National Champions powered by USA Football.