The Nat Moore Vocational Grant Endowment will provide grants graduating seniors from high schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe Counties. Students must apply to a vocational/trade program in South Florida. The preferred vocational/trade programs are Construction, Hospitality and Information Technology. The number of grants awarded is based on the funding available and the number of quality applications received. The grants are primarily distributed directly to the vocational/trade school, which helps to ensure that the student remains in school. The maximum award amount is $3,500 per recipient toward the cost of the entire program. Funds are disbursed as needed to cover the course each term.
Please read the following in its entirely prior to starting the application. Once you open the application, you will need to complete the entire application prior to submitting. The application does not permit you to save and come back later to complete.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Must be a high school senior graduating from a Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach or Monroe county high school in or before June of the application year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 grade scale, excluding home studies).
Scholarship Submission Requirements
Please compile the following documents and save them as individual documents. You will need to upload all of these documents separately throughout the application process. Here is a checklist of the documents you will need to upload when submitting your application:
- FASFA report (Free Application for Federal Student Aid report) or SAR report (Student Aid Report is provided after you submit your FASFA report),
- High School Transcript,
- List of all Community Service,
- A personal statement of 500 – 700 words, describing why you should be a recipient of The Nat Moore Vocational Grant Endowment and what you intend to accomplish with your degree and how you will give back to your community.
- Signed Permission to Release Form,
- One photograph (passport photo preferred),
- Two (2) Recommendation letters, and
- Scholarship awards that you have received.