- Brock Osweiler will serve as the backup quarterback for the season opener against the Tennessee Titans.
- Osweiler and starter Ryan Tannehill as the two active quarterbacks for the game, with David Fales and rookie Luke Falk both inactive.
- The Dolphins have four wide receivers announced as starters — Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant.
- Grant will replace DeVante Parker in the starting lineup, and Wilson was announced as the replacement for depth charter starter MarQueis Gray, who was placed on injured reserve this week.
- Note that those are the announced starters, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Dolphins will open with four wide receivers.
- Parker is the only Dolphins player who will miss the game because of an injury. He hasn't played since sustaining a finger injury in practice after the first preseason game.
- Along with Parker, Fales and Falk, the Dolphins inactives include rookies Cornell Armstrong and Kalen Ballage, as well as tackle Zach Sterup and newly re-signed tight end Gavin Escobar.
- Running back/special teams contributor Brandon Bolden, who signed with the Dolphins on Wednesday morning, will be active.
- Two players have changed jersey numbers, with cornerback Cordrea Tankersley going from 30 to 23, and tight end Durham Smythe going from 46 to 81.
- The list of Tennessee inactives includes the four players who were ruled out Friday — tackle Jack Conklin, safety Kendrick Lewis, and rookies Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry — along with tight end Anthony Firkset, offensive lineman Aaron Stinnie and wide receiver Cameron Batson.
- The Dolphins announced Sunday they will name Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School assistant football coach Aaron Feis as their 2018 George Smith Coach of the Year. Feis lost his life protecting students during the shooting at the school Feb. 14.
- The Dolphins will honor Feis, along with his wife Melissa and daughter Arielle, on the field during the third quarter of the game against the Titans.
- The Dolphins will wear their all-white uniforms … The forecast for Miami Gardens, according to AccuWeather, calls for thunderstorms around 1 p.m. Temperatures for the 1-4 p.m. window range from 88-89 with a "real feel" between 97-98. … Wide receiver Albert Wilson arrived at Hard Rock Stadium for his first regular season game with the Dolphins wearing a Bob Griese throwback jerseys.
Roster Moves: Miami Dolphins Sign One, Place Four on Active/Physically Unable to Perform
The Miami Dolphins today announced that they have signed guard Tyler Marz and placed offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, wide receiver DeVante Parker, linebacker Elandon Roberts and wide receiver Preston Williams on the active/physically unable to perform list. They also placed tackle Larnel Coleman on the reserve/COVID-19 list.