- Wide receiver DeVante Parker's 2018 season debut will have to wait at least another week.
- Parker is among the six inactive players for the Dolphins, who have 52 players on their active roster, for their game Sunday against the New York Jets.
- Albert Wilson is slated to replace Parker in the starting lineup.
- Brock Osweiler again will serve as the backup quarterback for Ryan Tannehill.
- Osweiler, who was in uniform against the Tennessee Titans last Sunday but did not play, is the only active quarterback besides Tannehill. As was the case last week, David Fales and rookie Luke Falk are both inactive.
- Along with Parker, Fales and Falk, the Dolphins inactives are cornerback Cordrea Tankersley, running back Kalen Ballage and tackle Zach Sterup.
- As expected, veteran long-snapper John Denney will be in the lineup. He'll be playing in his 210th consecutive game, extending the longest current streak in the NFL.
- Rookie sixth-round pick Cornell Armstrong, who was inactive against Tennessee, will be in uniform and in line to make his NFL debut.
- Ballage has joined Tankersley and tight end Durham Smythe in changing his jersey number, going from 33 to 27.
- Tankersley earlier went from 30 to 23, and Smythe went from 46 to 81.
- Safety Reshad Jones will serve as a game captain, joining season captains Ryan Tannehill, Kenny Stills, Daniel Kilgore, Bobby McCain and Walt Aikens.
- The list of Jets inactives includes cornerback Juston Burris, offensive lineman Dakota Dozier, defensive lineman Folorunso Fatukasi, cornerback Derrick Jones, tight end Jordan Leggett, linebacker Josh Martin, and safety Marcus Maye.
- The Dolphins will wear their white jerseys with aqua pants.
- The forecast for East Rutherford, New Jersey, according to AccuWeather, calls for mostly sunny skies from 1-4 p.m. with temperatures ranging from 82-84.
Roster Moves: Miami Dolphins Sign One, Place Four on Active/Physically Unable to Perform
The Miami Dolphins today announced that they have signed guard Tyler Marz and placed offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, wide receiver DeVante Parker, linebacker Elandon Roberts and wide receiver Preston Williams on the active/physically unable to perform list. They also placed tackle Larnel Coleman on the reserve/COVID-19 list.