- Quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be in the lineup when the Dolphins face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Hard Rock Stadium in their preseason opener.
- Tannehill was not among the seven players the Dolphins announced would not be playing Thursday. This will be Tannehill's first game action since December 2016 when he sustained a knee injury during a victory against the Arizona Cardinals.
- Safety Reshad Jones, running back Frank Gore and defensive end Cameron Wake all will sit out the game against Tampa Bay, as are four players who are or have been nursing injuries.
- The four injured players who won't play against the Buccaneers are cornerback Tony Lippett (leg), offensive lineman Jake Brendel (calf), tight end A.J. Derby (foot) and defensive end William Hayes (hamstring).
- Running back Jeremy Langford, who was signed Monday, will be in uniform for the Dolphins.
- Tampa Bay announced 11 players who would not play Thursday, including former Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes and first-round pick Vita Vea, a first-round pick from the University of Washington.
- Also sitting out for Tampa Bay will be DB Josh Robinson, RB Shaun Wilson, LB Devante Bond, T Leonard Wester, OL Cole Boozer, T Cole Gardner, T Demar Dotson, TE Donnie Ernsberger, and DT Mitch Unrein.
- The Dolphins will wear their aqua jerseys with white pants. … Former Dolphins kicker Olindo Mare will serve as the honorary captain.
Roster Moves: Miami Dolphins Sign One, Place Four on Active/Physically Unable to Perform
The Miami Dolphins today announced that they have signed guard Tyler Marz and placed offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, wide receiver DeVante Parker, linebacker Elandon Roberts and wide receiver Preston Williams on the active/physically unable to perform list. They also placed tackle Larnel Coleman on the reserve/COVID-19 list.