- Rookie first-round pick **Minkah Fitzpatrick** will start at safety when the Dolphins face the Jacksonville Jaguars at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday.
- Fitzpatrick will take the place of veteran **T.J. McDonald**, who will be inactive because of an ankle injury. McDonald was listed as doubtful on the final injury report of the week after not practicing.
- Second-year player **Torry McTyer** will make his third start of the season at cornerback in place of Pro Bowl starter **Xavien Howard**.
- Howard will miss his third consecutive game because of the knee injury he sustained against the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 2.
- Howard was listed as questionable Friday after being limited in practice all week.
- **Bobby McCain** is expected to start opposite McTyer.
- Quarterback **Brock Osweiler** will be active despite being added to the injury report Sunday morning.
- Osweiler, who will back up **Ryan Tannehill**, was listed as questionable with a back injury.
- Linebacker **Kiko Alonso** and defensive tackle **Ziggy Hood** both will be active after being listed as questionable Friday.
- Along with Howard and McDonald, the Dolphins inactives will be QB **David Fales**, G **Isaac Asiata**, T **Zach Sterup**, DT **Kendrick Norton** and WR **Isaiah Ford**.
- Defensive end **Jonathan Woodard** will be active for the first time since the Oct. 25 game against the Houston Texans.
- Defensive end **Andre Branch**, who spent his first four NFL seasons with the Jaguars, will serve as a game captain for the Dolphins.
- The list of Jaguars inactives includes two of the four players who were ruled out Friday—WR DJ Chark Jr. and K Josh Lambo—as well as CB Tyler Patmon, RB T.J. Yeldon, LB Martrell Spaight, DT Eli Ankou and OL Brandon Thomas.
- Patmon and Spaight both are former Dolphins players.
- Safety Ronnie Harrison and OL Jermey Parnell both were placed on injured reserve Saturday.
- The forecast for Miami Gardens, according to AccuWeather, calls for temperatures between 71-73 from 1 to 4 p.m. with sunny or mostly sunny skies and winds of 7-8 mph.
- The Dolphins will be wearing their throwback uniforms for a third consecutive home game.
Pregame Notes | Dolphins vs. Jaguars
Dec 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM