- Quarterback Brock Osweiler will make his first regular season start for the Dolphins against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
- Osweiler will replace Ryan Tannehill, who will miss the game because of a shoulder injury. Tannehill surfaced on the injury report Friday with a shoulder injury and was listed as questionable for the game.
- Signed as a free agent in the offseason, Osweiler has appeared in one game for the Dolphins and completed 4 of 5 passes for 35 yards and a touchdown in the late stages of the 38-7 loss against the New England Patriots in Week 4.
- This will be Osweiler's 26th NFL start. The 2012 first-round pick of the Denver Broncos started 11 games for the Broncos in 2015 and 2017, sandwiched around 14 starts for the Houston Texans in 2016.
- With Tannehill inactive, David Fales will serve as the backup against Chicago and will be active for the first time this season.
- Wide receiver DeVante Parker will be active for the second time this season.
- Parker made his one appearance this season against the Oakland Raiders in Week 3 after missing the first two games because of a finger injury and the last two because of a quadricep injury.
- Defensive end Andre Branch will be back in the lineup after missing the past two games because of a knee injury sustained in the Week 3 victory against Oakland.
- Branch is expected to start at left defensive end in place of Cameron Wake, who will miss a second consecutive game because of a knee injury. Defensive end Charles Harris also will be inactive. He was listed as questionable with a calf injury on the final injury report of the week even though he was a full participant in practice Friday.
- Cornerback Bobby McCain will miss a second consecutive game because of the knee injury he sustained in the Week 4 game against the New England Patriots.
- Torry McTyer is expected to once again get the start opposite Xavien Howard.
- Tackle Laremy Tunsil will be in the starting lineup after being taken out of the concussion protocol Friday.
- Along with Tannehill, McCain, Wake and Harris, the Dolphins inactives will be running back Kalen Ballage, linebacker Martrell Spaight and tight end A.J. Derby.
- Derby will be missing his third consecutive game because of a foot injury.
- Tunsil and long-snapper John Denney will join season captains Tannehill, Kenny Stills, McCain and Walt Aikens for the coin toss.
- The list of Bears inactives includes DB Marcus Cooper Sr., FB Michael Burton, LB Kylie Fitts, OL Rashaad Coward, OL Bryan Witzmann, WR Javon Wims and DT Nick Williams.
- The Dolphins will wear their all-white uniforms.
- The forecast for the area around Hard Rock Stadium, according to AccuWeather, calls for partly sunny skies from 1-4 p.m. with temperatures of 89 or 90, a "feel" of between 99-101 and winds of 6-8 mph.
Top Quotes - Players | Media Availability - May 17
Dolphins cornerbacks Nik Needham and Noah Igbinoghene, running back Sony Michel, wide receiver River Cracraft, tackle Liam Eichenberg and linebacker Jerome Baker with the media following today's second OTA practice. Check out the top quotes from their media availabilities.