- Quarterback Brock Osweiler will make his first regular season start for the Dolphins against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
- Osweiler will replace Ryan Tannehill, who will miss the game because of a shoulder injury. Tannehill surfaced on the injury report Friday with a shoulder injury and was listed as questionable for the game.
- Signed as a free agent in the offseason, Osweiler has appeared in one game for the Dolphins and completed 4 of 5 passes for 35 yards and a touchdown in the late stages of the 38-7 loss against the New England Patriots in Week 4.
- This will be Osweiler's 26th NFL start. The 2012 first-round pick of the Denver Broncos started 11 games for the Broncos in 2015 and 2017, sandwiched around 14 starts for the Houston Texans in 2016.
- With Tannehill inactive, David Fales will serve as the backup against Chicago and will be active for the first time this season.
- Wide receiver DeVante Parker will be active for the second time this season.
- Parker made his one appearance this season against the Oakland Raiders in Week 3 after missing the first two games because of a finger injury and the last two because of a quadricep injury.
- Defensive end Andre Branch will be back in the lineup after missing the past two games because of a knee injury sustained in the Week 3 victory against Oakland.
- Branch is expected to start at left defensive end in place of Cameron Wake, who will miss a second consecutive game because of a knee injury. Defensive end Charles Harris also will be inactive. He was listed as questionable with a calf injury on the final injury report of the week even though he was a full participant in practice Friday.
- Cornerback Bobby McCain will miss a second consecutive game because of the knee injury he sustained in the Week 4 game against the New England Patriots.
- Torry McTyer is expected to once again get the start opposite Xavien Howard.
- Tackle Laremy Tunsil will be in the starting lineup after being taken out of the concussion protocol Friday.
- Along with Tannehill, McCain, Wake and Harris, the Dolphins inactives will be running back Kalen Ballage, linebacker Martrell Spaight and tight end A.J. Derby.
- Derby will be missing his third consecutive game because of a foot injury.
- Tunsil and long-snapper John Denney will join season captains Tannehill, Kenny Stills, McCain and Walt Aikens for the coin toss.
- The list of Bears inactives includes DB Marcus Cooper Sr., FB Michael Burton, LB Kylie Fitts, OL Rashaad Coward, OL Bryan Witzmann, WR Javon Wims and DT Nick Williams.
- The Dolphins will wear their all-white uniforms.
- The forecast for the area around Hard Rock Stadium, according to AccuWeather, calls for partly sunny skies from 1-4 p.m. with temperatures of 89 or 90, a "feel" of between 99-101 and winds of 6-8 mph.
Roster Moves: Miami Dolphins Sign TE Cannella and TE Jackson, Activate WR Parker, Place WR Williams on Reserve/COVID-19 List
The Miami Dolphins today announced that they have signed tight ends Sal Cannella and Kalif Jackson. The team also activated wide receiver DeVante Parker off the active/physically unable to perform list and placed wide receiver Preston Williams on the reserve/COVID-19 list.