- Rookie Minkah Fitzpatrick will make his second consecutive start at safety against the New England Patriots, with two-time Pro Bowl selection Reshad Jones missing another game because of a shoulder injury.
- Fitzpatrick, who played nickel cornerback in the first two games of the season, will join T.J. McDonald at safety.
- Jones was listed as questionable on the final injury report of the week, but was a full participant in practice Friday.
- Also making his second career start Sunday will be rookie tight end Mike Gesicki.
- Gesicki started the season opener against the Tennessee Titans, but the Dolphins opened with two running backs and three wide receivers the past two games.
- Gesicki and fellow rookie Durham Smythe will be the only two tight ends in uniform Sunday, with A.J. Derby missing the game because of a foot injury.
- A week after making his season debut, wide receiver DeVante Parker will be inactive.
- Parker appeared on the injury report Friday when he was limited in practice because of a quadriceps injury.
- With Tanner McEvoy having been waived earlier in the week, the Dolphins will have four active wide receivers against New England: Kenny Stills, Danny Amendola, Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson.
- Brock Osweiler again will serve as the backup quarterback for Ryan Tannehill.
- Osweiler, who was in uniform in the first three games but has not played, is the only active quarterback besides Tannehill. As was the case the first three weeks, David Fales and rookie Luke Falk are both inactive.
- Along with Jones, Parker, Derby, Fales and Falk, the Dolphins inactives will be defensive end Andre Branch and linebacker Chase Allen, both of whom were ruled out Friday because of knee and foot injuries, respectively.
- Tackle Zach Sterup will be active for the first time this season, and 2017 third-round pick Cordrea Tankersley will be active for the first time since the opener against Tennessee. Rookie RB Kalen Ballage is also active for the first time this season.
- Amendola, who played for New England the previous five seasons, will serve as a game captain, joining season captains Ryan Tannehill, Kenny Stills, Daniel Kilgore, Bobby McCain and Walt Aikens.
- The list of Patriots inactives includes TE Jake Hollister, CB Eric Rowe, DL Geneo Grissom, OL Cole Croston, OL Ted Karras, DL Keionte Davis and DE Derek Rivers.
- Wide receiver Josh Gordon will make his New England debut against the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins will wear their white jerseys and aqua pants.
- The forecast for Foxborough, Massachusetts, according to AccuWeather, calls for mostly sunny skies from 1-4 p.m. with a temperature of either 68 or 69 degrees and a wind of 5 mph.
Roster Moves: Miami Dolphins Sign TE Cannella and TE Jackson, Activate WR Parker, Place WR Williams on Reserve/COVID-19 List
The Miami Dolphins today announced that they have signed tight ends Sal Cannella and Kalif Jackson. The team also activated wide receiver DeVante Parker off the active/physically unable to perform list and placed wide receiver Preston Williams on the reserve/COVID-19 list.