- Rookie **Minkah Fitzpatrick** will make his second consecutive start at safety against the New England Patriots, with two-time Pro Bowl selection **Reshad Jones** missing another game because of a shoulder injury.
- Fitzpatrick, who played nickel cornerback in the first two games of the season, will join **T.J. McDonald** at safety.
- Jones was listed as questionable on the final injury report of the week, but was a full participant in practice Friday.
- Also making his second career start Sunday will be rookie tight end **Mike Gesicki**.
- Gesicki started the season opener against the Tennessee Titans, but the Dolphins opened with two running backs and three wide receivers the past two games.
- Gesicki and fellow rookie **Durham Smythe** will be the only two tight ends in uniform Sunday, with **A.J. Derby** missing the game because of a foot injury.
- A week after making his season debut, wide receiver **DeVante Parker** will be inactive.
- Parker appeared on the injury report Friday when he was limited in practice because of a quadriceps injury.
- With Tanner McEvoy having been waived earlier in the week, the Dolphins will have four active wide receivers against New England: **Kenny Stills**, **Danny Amendola**, **Jakeem Grant** and **Albert Wilson**.
- **Brock Osweiler** again will serve as the backup quarterback for Ryan Tannehill.
- Osweiler, who was in uniform in the first three games but has not played, is the only active quarterback besides Tannehill. As was the case the first three weeks, **David Fales** and rookie **Luke Falk** are both inactive.
- Along with Jones, Parker, Derby, Fales and Falk, the Dolphins inactives will be defensive end **Andre Branch** and linebacker **Chase Allen**, both of whom were ruled out Friday because of knee and foot injuries, respectively.
- Tackle **Zach Sterup** will be active for the first time this season, and 2017 third-round pick **Cordrea Tankersley** will be active for the first time since the opener against Tennessee. Rookie RB **Kalen Ballage** is also active for the first time this season.
- Amendola, who played for New England the previous five seasons, will serve as a game captain, joining season captains **Ryan Tannehill**, Kenny Stills, **Daniel Kilgore**, **Bobby McCain** and **Walt Aikens**.
- The list of Patriots inactives includes TE Jake Hollister, CB Eric Rowe, DL Geneo Grissom, OL Cole Croston, OL Ted Karras, DL Keionte Davis and DE Derek Rivers.
- Wide receiver Josh Gordon will make his New England debut against the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins will wear their white jerseys and aqua pants.
- The forecast for Foxborough, Massachusetts, according to AccuWeather, calls for mostly sunny skies from 1-4 p.m. with a temperature of either 68 or 69 degrees and a wind of 5 mph.
Pregame Notes | Dolphins at Patriots
Sep 30, 2018 at 11:50 AM