Here are my 12 observations from the first practice of Training Camp:
- TE Mike Gesicki made a great one-handed catch in a one-on-one passing drill to beat tight coverage by Bobby McCain in the end zone.
- WR Jakeem Grant followed shortly thereafter with a one-handed catch of his own in the end zone.
- WR DeVante Parker caught a pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick in team drills while falling.
- LB Jerome Baker got around the corner in a team drill for what would have been a sack.
- TE Clive Walford made a nice leaping catch of a Jake Rudock pass in team drills.
- WR Albert Wilson, who missed all of the spring while recovering from a hip injury, took part in practice on a limited basis.
- Parker made a nice contested catch in the end zone in a seven-on-seven drill despite tight coverage by CB Eric Rowe.
- Rookie DB Montre Hartage had an interception in the end zone in a seven-on-seven drill.
- QB Ryan Fitzpatrick threw touchdown passes to WR Kenny Stills on red-zone plays twice in a three-play sequence. Stills made a nice adjustment on a high-arching throw on the second one.