Highlights and observations from the 10th training camp practice at the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University:
- The Dolphins practiced in shoulder pads Monday.
- Tight end A.J. Derby returned to practice after missing last week because of a foot injury, although he did not participate in team drills. Wide receiver Isaiah Ford (shoulder) also was back at practice, although he was wearing a red jersey.
- Defensive end William Hayes (hamstring) and offensive lineman Jake Brendel (calf) were the only two players to sit out practice.
- Ryan Tannehill threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Danny Amendola, firing a strike down the middle.
- Rookie tight end Durham Smythe caught a 4-yard touchdown in a goal-line drill after grabbing a deflected pass.
- Defensive end Robert Quinn got in the vicinity of Ryan Tannehill in a team drill for what might have been a sack in a game situation.