Here are the highlights from the Dolphins’ practice Tuesday, their first at the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University since the end of the training camp:
- The Dolphins practiced in uppers (shoulder pads only).
- Former Rams head coach Mike Martz, who Head Coach Adam Gase often has mentioned as a mentor, was a guest at practice.
- Wide receiver Kenny Stills and defensive tackle Jordan Phillips both returned to practice after sitting out last week because of an ankle injury.
- Players sitting out practice: RB Kalen Ballage (concussion protocol), DE William Hayes (hamstring), S Trae Elston (shoulder), LB Mike Hull (knee), WR DeVante Parker (hand), OL Jake Brendel (calf).
- Tight end MarQueis Gray practiced but remains in the concussion protocol.
- Quarterback Ryan Tannehill had a nice completion to rookie tight end Mike Gesicki in a team period.
- Stills had a nice reception near the sideline off a deflection.
- Tannehill threw a nice pass to Danny Amendola near the sideline.
- Linebacker Kiko Alonso had an interception in team drills. Xavien Howard, Bobby McCain and Cam Wake also had picks.