Five snapshots from the Dolphins-Bucs series …
1. Oct. 24, 1976 —The teams met for the first time in the Buccaneers' inaugural season and it proved a tougher-than-expected game for the Dolphins. Garo Yepremian's third field goal, a 29-yarder in the fourth quarter, proved the difference in a 23-20 Dolphins victory.
2. Oct. 20, 1985 — In one of the highest-scoring games in Dolphins history, Dan Marino outdueled Bucs quarterback Steve DeBerg, who would become his backup eight years later. Marino passed for 302 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Dolphins to a 41-38 victory to offset DeBerg's 365 passing yards and four touchdowns.
3. Dec. 1, 1991 — The Dolphins had a 300-yard passer (Dan Marino), 100-yard rusher (Mark Higgs) and 100-yard receiver (Tony Martin) in a 33-14 victory at Joe Robbie Stadium. The Dolphins scored 24 points in the second quarter to turn a 7-0 deficit into a 17-point halftime lead.
4. Nov. 15, 2009 — This game at what was then known as Land Shark Stadium was a great kicking duel between Tampa Bay's Connor Barth and Dolphins rookie Dan Carpenter. Barth had three field goals of at least 50 yards, but Carpenter had the last word when his fourth field goal, a 25-yarder with 10 seconds left, gave Miami a 25-23 victory.
5. Nov. 11, 2013 — The Dolphins came up on the short end of a 22-19 decision at Raymond James in a Monday night game, but it was a night to remember for wide receiver Rishard Matthews. In one of the best receiving performances in franchise history, Matthews had 11 receptions for 120 yards and two touchdowns.