When the Dolphins play host to the New England Patriots on Sunday, they’ll be looking to continue their recent string of home success in this series, as we break down numerically.
- The Dolphins have won five of the past six meetings in Miami, a run that began with a 24-20 victory in December 2013 that was clinched by former Miami safety Michael Thomas’ interception in the end zone in the final minute.
- The run also includes victories in the 2014 opener (33-20), in the 2015 season finale (20-10), in a Monday night game in 2017 (27-20) and, of course, last season's Miami Miracle.
- It’s the most successful home stretch for the Dolphins against the Patriots since they won six of seven between 1996 and 2002.
- The Dolphins have had either a 100-yard rusher or 100-yard receiver in all five of their most recent home victories against New England: Mike Wallace had 105 receiving yards in 2013, Knowshon Moreno had 134 rushing yards in 2014, Devante Parker had 106 receiving yards in 2015, Kenyan Drake had 114 rushing yards in the 2017 matchup, and Kenny Stills had 135 receiving yards last season.
- In four of the five victories, the Dolphins quarterback had three touchdown passes: Ryan Tannehill in 2013 and 2018, and Jay Cutler in 2017.
- By contrast, the Dolphins held Tom Brady to his lowest completion percentage (51.8) and passer rating (69.7) in a complete game in 2014; held him to his lowest passing yardage total (134) in 2015 in the only game where he failed to throw a touchdown pass; and held him to a season-low 59.5 passer rating in 2017.
- The 69-yard touchdown on the final play of the 2018 game at Hard Rock Stadium was the longest Dolphins pass play against New England in a home game. It topped the previous mark of 64 yards by (who else?) Dan Marino to Mark Ingram in the memorable 39-35 victory in the 1994 season opener.
- Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker had two of his four career 100-yard receiving games against New England. He had five catches for 106 yards in the 2015 season finale and had eight catches for 106 yards in Week 2 in 2016.
- Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has four 300-yard passing games in 10 career starts against New England — all of them as a member of the Buffalo Bills.